How can I shop smart to reduce food waste?
- Make a meal plan
- Write a list and stick to it
- Shop locally and in-season
Use our Smart Shopping Tips when you get ready to go to the shops.
- When making your meal plan and shopping list always check what is already in your fridge or pantry before hitting the shops.
- Prepare your list based on your meal plan and stick to your list when you’re in the store.
- Don’t be tempted by ‘special’ offers or go shopping when you’re hungry — you’ll come back with more than you need.
Following these steps will:
- help save you money
- reduce the amount of times you need to go to the shops
- reduce dinner time stress
- help you maintain a diverse and balanced diet
- reduce the amount of time you spend shopping.